Monday, February 6, 2017

Carrying the Load

Today I happened to look down on the kitchen floor to what I thought was a spec of dirt. Well, dirt doesn't move and as I squatted down to get a closer look, what I saw made me think. A large ant was crawling, but couldn't crawl as fast because there was a piece of lint stuck to his back right leg. As I examined the ant, God reminded me that is how we are. We can carry around burdens that slow us down.
As a woman, I have often thought I have to do everything for everyone, which I am learning is just plain exhausting. I am learning, bit by bit, to take care and then care for what I can...not everything. Also, letting the little things be little things and not turn into bitterness, unforgiveness, regret, or anger. These are heavy burdens to carry! To have these buried landmines in my heart affects my health and the relationships with others around me. It's like a volcano and when I have talked with the person instead of ignoring things, I have found that over time, the relationships gradually improve as trust improves.
All that from a little ant. I love how God uses the everyday things..


Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. - Hebrews 12:1


“Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22).

No comments:

Post a Comment