Thursday, March 16, 2017

Connect

Coming from a fast paced world of work to being unemployed searching for work, I finally am learning that I don't have to go so fast! That's what I saw with working people so hard and burning them out, which leads to health issues or even hospitalization. Is it really worth it God? I ask. It's the battle between not doing anything and not doing too much. Maybe that is the eternal search for balance.
 In the small town area here, it is a lot slower. I wouldn't trade the slower pace and building real connections with the disconnected speed life. Chaos is everywhere and to keep up with life and bills, things have to be done. But, is it worth killing yourself over at a hyper speed pace.
As an overachiever, I am learning to slow down and it actually makes my work more productive and thorough. I know that I need a challenge so I started my own business and these are some things I am learning from slowing down.
- It's hard to be your own boss. You gotta push through it!
- Your worth isn't based on your job. The value comes from God.
-I can actually taste and enjoy my food.
-Its nice to linger with someone and talk instead of rushing off.
- I can really 'see' the person in business and talk with them instead of rushing off.
- I meet more friends.
- I can take a nap.
- It allows you to really take inventory of all the things in your life and decide which ones are necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment