Monday, May 2, 2016

Lowe's

As I go into Lowe's the other day to get paint...I had to wait like normal. Well, I'm expecting that since it's near dinnertime and the store is full. No big deal.
An older gentleman in the paint department is helping many people, and when he is finished and walks over to help me, he apologizes over and over again, how sorry he is for not being quick enough. "I'm trying to get better." 
I tell him it is ok, no need to rush. 

I can't tell you in this city, how many times a Black man will apologize to me or the time a clerk called me to checkout first at the grocery store, when there was a Black gentleman in front of me!! It makes me feel so sad and strange because it feels like it puts me on a higher level and I do not deserve any special treatment. I'm thankful God sees us as part of His family. 

For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him.- Romans 10:12

No comments:

Post a Comment