Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Just a Little Time

I smiled today...at the library. Headed in to send off a fax and out of the corner of my eye, I happened to see an older man, who looked like a Grandpa with a boy on his knee, who looked like he was 3. The little boy was smiling and turning pages as he held a book, pretending to 'read.' The older man just smiled..and listened. I work with toddlers every day...and know the 'pretend reading' so well that they love to do. They look so serious, and obviously proud that they are reading the words, usually with animation...creating some sort of story about the characters on the page that relates to their life.

As I walked out to my car and got ready to drive off, I saw the man, carrying the boy to the car to put him in his carseat. A simple thing like story reading....nurture, love, time...these can change a child who can then change a world. It's the little things.
Matthew 25:40 
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment