Friday, August 28, 2015

Whatever It Takes

So I was at Aldi's the other day and an older lady was behind me in the checkout line. It's like at the Aldi's I go to, everyone talks to everyone in the line. This lady tells me that her daughter is pregnant and wants the real popcorn and she can't find it. I tell her I think I saw it at Walmart and she says she is on the bus and it takes too long to get there. Then, she pauses, smiling,,,,and says, "I'll get it though, whatever I have to do!"
OK, I don't know if anyone has ever ridden a bus in St Louis, but I did for a long time when my car was totaled, and let me tell you....it takes a long time to get from point A to point B. Seriously, just going grocery shopping is a huge mission, not to mention if you have a few kids on your tail. So, I could appreciate this woman and it made me remember...never forget to be thankful for a car and never forget that others have to do twice the work to get just the daily necessities.

Grateful.

Ephesians 5:20 “giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”


No comments:

Post a Comment