Wednesday, July 15, 2015

One Day at a Time

Walking home on a hot day from the neighborhood coffee shop and out of the corner of my eye, I see a woman dressed in all stars and stripes clothing. She has a big silver cross necklace on and is walking in a determined way as she gruffly says, "Hi. They say it's supposed to be hotter soon. I've lived here all my life and seen so much. I don't think it's getting better with all different people moving in here like the Mexicans." I told her my neighbors told me the neighborhood has gotten a lot better through the years and she says she didn't think so, then said that everyone around the hood knew her, then she gave some advice..."You just gotta take it one day at a time. That's what they say, anyway." She walked on with what seemed like she was on a mission as we said our goodbyes and it left me thinking...."One day at a time...that's so true..and sometimes the stuff we think is so important, is not all that important at all. "


So, don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. 
Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment